Grim Quest is a classic turn-based, dungeon crawling RPG with optional roguelike elements. It puts a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and immersion, using dark visuals, somber music, and lots of written text to draw you into its gritty and mind-bending world. Because of its attention to world-building and abundance of lore, Grim Quest is often compared to a single player Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) campaign, or even a choose your own adventure book.
Grim Quest has no multiple currencies, limiting timers, gacha mechanics, content locked behind paywalls, or other modern monetization schemes. Just a few unobtrusive and removable ads, and completely optional in-game purchases, for those who wish to support the game. In other words, gaming as I believe it should be.
*** FEATURES ***
– immerse in a dark fantasy world with its own history and lore
– defeat enemies and fight boss battles in a classic turn-based combat system
– manage your character’s sanity or suffer unexpected consequences
– customize your character with 25 unique spells and 20 active & passive skills
– select one of 27 character backgrounds that each affect gameplay in a different way
– experience the game world through a variety of interactive, text-based events
– acquire weapons, armors, accessories, consumable items and crafting ingredients
– complete quests, collect bounties and find 60+ pieces of scattered lore
– manage defences of a besieged city, endure raids and other calamities
– relax or add suspense with 4 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and other adjustable settings